1. Treat all members of and persons associated with the ASA with due dignity and respect.
2. Treat everyone equally and never discriminate against another person associated with the ASA on any grounds including that of age, sexual orientation,
ethnic origin or nationality.
3. The use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the club disciplinary or child welfare policy.
4. Display a high standard of behaviour at all times. Always report any poor behaviour by others to an appropriate club officer.
5. Recognise and celebrate the good performance and success of fellow club and team members.
1. Treat your coach and fellow swimmers with respect.
2. Make your coach aware if you have difficulties in attending training sessions as laid down for your squad.
3. Arrive in good time on poolside before the training session starts to complete poolside warm up as directed by your coach.
4. If you arrive late report to your coach before entering the pool.
5.Ensure you have all your equipment with you, i.e. paddles; kick boards, hats, goggles etc.
6. If you need to leave the pool for any reason during training inform your coach before doing so.
7. Listen to what your coach is telling you at all times and obey instructions given.
8. Always swim to the wall as you do in a race, and practice turns as instructed.
9. Do not stop and stand in the lane, or obstruct others from completing their training.
10. Do not pull on the ropes as this may injure other swimmers.
11. Do not skip lengths or sets - you are only cheating yourself.
12. Think about what you are doing during training and if you have any problems discuss them with your coach at an appropriate time.
13. If you have any problems with the behaviour of fellow club members report them at the time to an appropriate adult.
1. At competitions whether they be open meets, national events or club galas always behave in a manner that shows respect to both your club coach, officers and team mates and the members of all competing clubs.
2. You will be required to attend events and galas that the Chief Coach has entered /selected you for unless previously agreed otherwise with the relevant club official and coach.
3. You must wear appropriate swimwear, tracksuits, T shirts/shorts and hats as laid down by the club.
4. Report to your club coach and / or Team manager on arrival on poolside.
5. Warm-up before the event as directed by the coach in charge on that day and ensure you fully prepare yourself for the race.
6. Be Part of the Team. Stay with the Team on poolside. If you have to leave poolside for any reason inform and in some cases get the consent of the Team manager / coach before doing so.
7. After your race report to your coach for feedback.
8. Support your team mates. Everyone likes to be supported and they will be supporting you.
9. Swim down after the race, if possible again as advised by your coach. Your behaviour in the swim down facility must be appropriate and respectful to other users at all times.
10. Never leave an event until either the gala is complete or you have the explicit agreement of the club coach or team manager.